Asian Salmon Salad
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets (I use fresh)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups fresh romaine, chopped
- 2 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup mandarine oranges
- 1 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Honey Sesame Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons Low-sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat a medium heavy skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Coat salmon with olive oil and salt and pepper. Grill until browned. Salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine fresh romaine, chopped red cabbage, shredded carrots, mandarine oranges, edamame. Toss until combined. Slice the salmon and toss. Top with sliced almonds,
- To make the honey sesame dressing combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger, olive oil, sesame oil and sesame seeds in a small bowl and whisk. Add desired amount of dressing to salad.
I made the dressing while the salmon grilling and divided it among 4 mason jars. Then I layers the cabbage, carrots, edamame, oranges, and lettuce. I put the salmon in a separate container and the almonds in a small container for lunches for the week. When ready, heat the salmon or you could eat it cold. Shake up the mason jar salad or pour onto plate or bowl and top with almonds.