Total Time: 17 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 7 min.
Yield: 2 serving
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. finely chopped red bell pepper
2 Tbsp. finely chopped yellow bell pepper
2 Tbsp. finely chopped green bell pepper
2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
4 large egg whites (3/4 cup)
2 eggs, beaten
2 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortilla, warm
2 slices low-sodium turkey bacon, cooked, chopped
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
4 Tbsp. fresh tomato salsa
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add bell peppers and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
3. Add eggs; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until eggs are set.
4. Top tortilla with egg mixture, turkey bacon, and pepper (if desired).
5. Roll tortilla burrito-style.
6. Serve with salsa.
My whole wheat tortillas fell apart so I had to use regular. Am now on the search for a tortilla that is healthy and will actually stay together… got any suggestions?
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 883 mg
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 16 g
Portion Fix Containers