Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash
1 spaghetti squash
1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
1/2 cup green enchilada sauce
1 green onion, thinly sliced
4 ounce can diced green chiles
1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, I used a combination of both
Green Enchilada Sauce Ingredients:
1 lb Tomatillos, peeled husks removed
1 jalapeño, seeded
1 cup fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp lime juice
Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, coat the inside with olive oil (I used jalapeño infused olive oil) sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash cut side down on the baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Let the squash cool for about 10 minutes before scooping out the strands with a fork and placing them in a bowl.
- Reserve the squash skins placing them cut side up back on the foil lined baking sheet
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat stir together the enchilada sauce, green onion, green chiles, corn, cilantro and shredded chicken.
- Once the mixture is warmed through remove from the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Pour the enchilada filling in with the spaghetti squash strands and stir together until combined.
- Scoop the filling back into the spaghetti squash shells and top with the shredded cheese.
- Place the spaghetti squash back onto the baking sheet and broil in the oven until the cheese is melted, then serve.