Chicken Lime Sriracha Soup
2 large chicken breast, or Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
4 cups broth [chicken or veggie] 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cumin
2 large zucchini squash, spiraled
1/2 TBSP fresh lime juice
1-2 tsp fresh chopped cilantro [optional] 1-2 tsp Sriracha , plus extra to taste
2 slices/wedges of lime
- Cut your chicken into slices and add to a pot over medium-high heat. If using rotisserie, just pull meat from the bone and shred.
- Add broth, garlic powder [or fresh garlic!] and cumin and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked thoroughly, about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, use a spiralizer to transform your zucchini into tasty noodles.
- Once the chicken is ready, add zucchini noodles and lime juice to the soup and simmer for an additional 3 minutes until desired tenderness is reached. For softer noodles, feel free to cook them a tad longer.
- Transfer soup to two large bowls and top each with fresh cilantro and a hearty drizzle of Sriracha chili sauce. Add a little, or a lot! I go nuts with mine, the garlic chili sauce flavor is fantastic with the tender chicken and savory broth. Serve with lime wedges for a burst of citrus flavor.
- Dive in while it’s hot! Or put in mason jars for lunch or dinner the next day.