Egg Roll in a Bowl w/ Cauliflower Fried Rice
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Author: Kyndra D. Holley
2 tbsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, diced
5 green onions, sliced on a bias (white and green parts)
1 lb ground pork
1/2 tsp ground or fresh ginger
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp Sriracha. more to taste
14 oz bag coleslaw
3 tbsp Coconut Aminos or Liquid Aminos
1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, and white portion of the green onions. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground pork, ground ginger, sea salt, black pepper and Sriracha. Sauté until the pork is cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix, coconut aminos, and rice wine vinegar. Sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
- I served this over Cauliflower Fried Rice – 1 head cauliflower chopped finely (I used a bag of cauliflower fried rice mixture found in produce section) sautéed with 1 tsp sesame oil. Cook over medium high heat for 5 to 6 min. Create hole in middle of cauliflower. Whisk 2 eggs and pour into hole. Allow eggs to cook and then gradually mix into cauliflower mixture.
Per Serving – Calories: 255 | Fat: 18.7g | Protein: 14.8g | Total carbs: 8g | Fiber 3.8g | Net Carbs: 4.2g