Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Yield: 20 servings, 2 Tbsp. each
¼ cup olive oil
½ medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup arrowroot
4 tsp. nutritional yeast
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until translucent.
3. Add arrowroot, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce; mix well to form a smooth paste.
4. Slowly add broth; whisking constantly to blend. Season with pepper.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 120 mg
Carbohydrate: 4 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugars: 0 g
Protein: 0 g