Grilled Shrimp Taco Mason Jar Salad
TOTAL TIME: 25m
1R 1.5G 0.5B
4 scallions, chopped
1/2 c. chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
1 1/2 c. plain yogurt
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
Freshly ground black pepper
extra-virgin olive oil
4 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips (optional)
1 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
1-2 c. shredded red cabbage
2 romaine hearts, finely chopped – optional
1 avocados, pitted and sliced
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- In the bowl of a food processor add 2 chopped scallions, cilantro, yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; pulse until combined. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add tortilla strips in batches and shallow fry until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Fry remaining tortilla strips, adding more oil as needed.
- Heat a grill or a grill pan over high heat; oil the grill grate. In a medium mixing bowl, season shrimp with salt and pepper; drizzle with olive oil and massage. When grill pan is hot place shrimp in a even single layer. Cook for 2 minutes on each side and transfer to plate.
- Divide dressing among 4 mason jars.
- Layer red cabbage, shrimp, spinach, and cilantro. Can top with remaining scallions and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Divide tortilla strips into little baggies to put on day of. Also slice avocado day or morning of eating salad.
Inspiration: Original Shrimp Taco Bowl Recipe