Pan Seared Mahi Mahi with Coconut Lime Coleslaw
Pan seared mahi mahi recipe coated with a blend of savory and sweet spices. Each fillet is served with a crunchy and refreshing honey lime coleslaw.
Prep Time : 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar – I used honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 4 -4 oz Mahi Mahi fillets, cod, or white fish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots shredded – matchstick carrots
- 1 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice plus zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil – I used jalapeño infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves finely chopped
Combine paprika, brown sugar or honey, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cumin, chili pepper, black pepper, lime juice, lime zest, and oregano in a small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning evenly over both sides of the fish fillets.
Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness – till flaky. Transfer cooked fish to a clean plate.
Add cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, and onions in a large bowl. In a separate medium sized bowl whisk together dressing ingredients; 3 tablespoons lime juice, lime zest, honey, garlic, and rice wine vinegar. Slowly add 2 tablespoons olive oil and whisk until combined. Whisk in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Add dressing to vegetables and toss to combine.
Serve fish with coleslaw, enjoy!