Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
Prep time 20 mins
Total time 50 mins
Serves: 8 servings, 2 energy bites each
1 Purple & 1/2 Blue or 1 Yellow
1 cup pitted dates
½ cup raw pecan halves (or pecan pieces)
⅓ cup canned pumpkin puree
¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, reserve small amount for garnish
1 tsp. pure hazelnut extract (or pure maple extract)
1 tsp. pure maple syrup
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 pinch sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1) Place dates in a medium bowl; cover with water. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
2) Place pecans in food processor; pulse until finely ground.
3) Add dates, pumpkin, coconut, extract, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; pulse until well mixed. Place in a medium bowl. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
4) Using clean hands, roll into tablespoon-sized balls; roll in reserved coconut (if desired).
5) Store, refrigerated, in airtight container.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 20 mg
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 13 g
Protein: 1 g