Total Time: 1 hr. 10 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 1 hr.
Yield: 6 servings, about ¾ cup each
2 Green, 1 Yellow, 1/2 Blue or Orange
4 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
3½ cups water
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 medium shallots, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup dry white wine (or water)
1¼ cups dry brown Arborio rice
2½ cups cubed raw pumpkin (½-inch cubes)
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1. Heat broth and water in large saucepan over medium heat. Do not boil. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add shallots; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until shallots are translucent.
4. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
5. Add wine; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, or until wine evaporates.
6. Add rice; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
7. Add 1 cup broth mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes, or until liquid is almost completely absorbed.
8. Add remaining broth mixture ½ cup at a time; cook, stirring constantly. Add the next ½ cup after the first ½ cup is absorbed. (This will take about 50 minutes.)
9. Add pumpkin during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
10. After all the broth mixture has been added, add cheese, sage, and pepper; mix well.
11. Serve immediately.