Roasted Chicken Butternut Squash Soup
Total Time: 38 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 23 min.
Yield: 8 servings, about 1 cup each
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme (or 2 Tbsp. dried thyme)
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground white pepper (to taste; optional)
8 oz rotisserie chicken breast, boneless, skinless, shredded
1 cup frozen corn (or roasted corn)
2 cups cubed butternut squash
1-2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add chicken broth and thyme. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika if desired; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
4. Add chicken, corn, and squash; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until squash is soft.
5. Divide evenly between eight serving bowls.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 25 mg
Sodium: 178 mg
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 13 g