Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
Total Time: 40 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Yield: 8 servings, about 1 cup each
1 Green & 1 1/2 tsp
4 tsp. olive oil
½ cup onion, chopped
½ cup carrots, chopped
2 tsp dried basil leaves
1 28 oz can San Marzano tomatoes – No salt or sugar added
3 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
1 tsp. lemon pepper (to taste; optional)
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
8 tsp. Parmesan Cheese
8 Tbsp. sliced fresh basil leaves
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, carrots, and dried basil; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
3. Add tomatoes, broth, and salt; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it reaches a gently boil. Reduce heat to low and gently boil for 15 minutes.
4.Place soup in a blender or food processor; in 2 or more batches, if necessary; cover with lid and kitchen towel, blend until smooth.
5. Return soup to saucepan. Add almond milk; cook, over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. Do not let soup come to a boil.
6. Portion into 8 serving bowls. Top each portion with 1 tsp cheese and 1 tbsp basil.
Fixate Cookbook – Autumn Calabrese