Turkey Brussels Sprouts Frittata
Total Time: 30 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 6 servings
1/2 Green, 1 Red, 1/2tsp
6 large eggs, lightly beaten
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 tsp. olive oil
2 medium shallots, finely chopped
3 cups finely chopped fresh Brussels sprouts
2½ cups chopped roasted turkey breast (approximately 12 oz.)
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Combine eggs and salt in a medium mixing bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick oven safe skillet over medium-low heat.
4. Add shallots and Brussels sprouts; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until shallots are translucent.
5. Pour egg mixture and turkey into skillet; cook, stirring frequently with rubber spatula, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until egg mixture has set on the bottom and begins to set on top.
6. Place skillet in oven. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned and fluffy.
7. Cut into 6 servings.
8. Sprinkle with parsley; serve immediately.
• Frittata can be made the evening before and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
• Heat one serving at a time on the stove-top or in a toaster oven or microwave.
• You can substitute chopped, cooked Brussels sprouts for fresh ones.