Turkey Burrito Bowl
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 26 min.
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 cup each
1 1/2 Green 1 Red 1Y 1B 1 tsp
1 tsp. Mexican oregano
1/2 tsp. Sea salt
1 cup all natural tomato sauce, no salt or sugar added
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
1 Tbsp adobo sauce (the sauce from the chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce)
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, transfer mixture to a med bowl.
- Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through.
- Season with chili powder, oregano, and salt.
- Add onion mixture, tomato sauce, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce. Mix well. Reduce temp to med low; gently boil, stirring frequently for 8-10 min or until thickened.
- Stir in the Riced Cauliflower & Sweet Potato and water. Simmer over medium heat until the cauliflower and sweet potato are cooked through adding additional water if need.
- Stir in the black beans and corn and cook until heated through.
- Spoon into bowls and top with desired toppings.
I chose to layer the toppings in a mason jar. I added the ground turkey and cauliflower rice mixture on the bottom of the jar, black beans, corn, cilantro, tomato, lettuce, I topped with wholly avocado cups or sliced avocado.