Usually the main ingredient in Zupa Toscana is potatoes, but not in this version! This soup is packed with veggies and flavor! The family loved it!
Total Time: 4hrs 10min
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 4hrs
1 Green 1/2 Red 1/2 Yellow
Calories: 246 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 7 Sugar: 3 Sodium: 387 Protein: 14
Serves 10, 1 1/2 cups
1 lb mild or hot ground Italian sausage
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ cup finely diced onion or 1 medium onion, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
36 ounces organic low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
1 large cauliflower head, diced into small florets
3 cups chopped kale
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup heavy cream
- Brown the ground sausage in a skillet over medium heat until done.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the sausage and place it into at least a 6-quart slow cooker. Discard the grease.
- Place the oil in the same skillet and saute the onions for 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the onions, chicken or vegetable stock, cauliflower florets, kale, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker. Mix until combined.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Add the heavy cream and mix until combined.
- Serve hot.